[ARNPCare] August 2008 Correction

arnpcare at nurse.net arnpcare at nurse.net
Mon Aug 11 15:38:33 PDT 2008

The following article ran with an error in the published edition of
ARNP Care. The article corrected article is being reposted in it's
entirety.

Seeking Board of Directors Members for ARNPs United of WA State

We need your help. This October, at the Primary Care conference, we
will hold an election for a new board of directors. 5 BOD positions
are open; the old board members have the option of running, as does
every AUWS member. The bylaws call for 5 to 9 members on the BOD, with
4 of them serving as Board officers - President, Vice-President,
Treasurer, and Secretary. The Chair of the Legislative Committee is
automatically on the BOD as well (Legislative Committee members meet
separately.) Board officers will be determined by the BOD after the
election. The term of service is 2 years. The time involved is
approximately 5-10 hours per month, as we have monthly to quarterly
board meetings (which can be attended via conference call) and
subcommittee work based on your area of interest. Our subcommittees
include the ARNP Care newsletter, the website, membership, and public
relations.

If you are interested, know someone you would like to nominate, or
have any questions about this opportunity to serve Washington’s ARNPs
and their clients, please feel free to email tracy at nurse.net.

The editors regret the error.

Bob Smithing, MSN, ARNP