[ARNPCare] Request for Your Help

ARNP Care Monthly NewsLetter arnpcare at nurse.net
Thu Dec 20 22:10:16 PST 2012

December 20, 2012

Dear ARNP and Member of ARNPs United:

We Need Your Help!

As a result of the economic downturn, our contributions have dropped. Although lobbying in Olympia is a primary focus of our work at ARNPs United of Washington State (AUWS), to maintain our fiscal health, we terminated our agreement with our year round lobbyist. We have contracted for lobbyist services with the Washington State Nurses Association. We are excited to be working with them on the critical legislative issues affecting ARNPs throughout our state. Our top priority is devoted to achieving parity compensation for our work.

This year for the first time, through the efforts of AUWS, ARNPs were included in the “Top Docs” article and the section was renamed “Top Doctors and Nurses” in the August 2012 Seattle Met magazine. However we are unable to retain a publicist to assure the voices of ARNPs are present as health issues arise in the news. As the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act continues to be implemented, it is a perfect time to inform the public about the high quality of care ARNPs provide.

We are cutting costs in a responsible manner but there is a risk that our organization will be unable to continue our work. We’ve switched to digital delivery of our newsletter ARNP Care. Our Facebook page is at www.facebook.com/ARNPsUnited. “Like” us and see what your Board of Directors is doing.

The actions of AUWS benefit all ARNPs in Washington State. To keep our representation in Olympia and assure the public is aware of how we serve them, your contribution is critical to our organization.

To continue our work on behalf of ARNPs we are asking for an annual contribution of $150. Consider a sustaining, automatic monthly credit card contribution of $20 rather than a single large donation.

To contribute, please fill out the enclosed form, or visit our website auws.org and select “Membership” to donate online. If desired you can split your donation into monthly payments.
Thank you for your support!

 /s/ Nancy Lawton, MN, ARNP, FNP

Nancy Lawton, MN, ARNP, FNP, President
PS: We can provide you an invoice for your employer for professional dues.

--
Bob Smithing, MSN, ARNP, FAANP
Executive Director
rts at auws.org