[ARNPCare] Join ARNPs United of Washington State Today

ARNP Care Monthly NewsLetter arnpcare at nurse.net
Mon Jul 14 22:16:29 PDT 2014

July 14, 2014

To ALL ARNPs:

Did you know the 2014 legislature has decided you must take 6 hours of continuing education on suicide prevention? And they proposed that you renew this every six years.

We knew and we signed in opposition to that mandate. The bill has been amended as a one time only requirement.

Did you know the Office of the Insurance Commissioner did not recognize Nurse Practitioners as providers contributing to the establishment of adequate coverage for newly insured patients under the Affordable Care Act?

We did and met with members of the Insurance Commissioner’s Office to inform them of the scope and breadth of our practices.

Premera reduced reimbursements for privately employed NPs in 2013 by 15%.

We are fighting to get that decision reversed. We would like to follow Oregon as the second state to legislate equal pay for equal work.

For over 20 years ARNPs United has been working to achieve AND MAINTAIN your full scope of practice. There are more licensed ARNPs in Washington State than ever, but fewer supporting the work we are doing by joining or renewing membership in ARNPs United.

We’re looking after your interests.

Please, help us continue to monitor legislation in Olympia and prepare for future legislation, such as parity reimbursement and equal treatment by insurers.

Help us help you. Join or renew your membership to ARNPs United today at auws.org or with our attached brochure.

Thank you for your support.

Nancy Lawton, MN, ARNP
President

ARNPs United of Washington State is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting ARNP practice by
coordinating legislative, educational, and networking activities of Nurse Practitioners throughout Washington State.