[ARNPCare] ARNP Care February 2014

ARNP Care Monthly NewsLetter arnpcare at nurse.net
Mon Mar 10 22:25:54 PDT 2014

Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner Care
Official Newsletter of ARNPs United of Washington State
Volume 25(2) February 2014
Articles
Jobs
CE
Service Ads
Meetings
Photo of the Month
Ad & Publication Information
ARNPs United Member Tracy Klein Running for AANP Board

Tracy Klein, PhD, FNP, ARNP, FAANP, a Washington State University faculty member and practicing family nurse practitioner in both Washington and Oregon is a candidate for election as your Region 10 representative to the American Association of Nurse Practitioners.
Tracy has previously served for four years with the American College of Nurse Practitioners as a public policy member and committee chair and has many years of experience working and representing our region at the national level. She is well known and respected by many Washington NPs. Tracy understands the issues ARNPs face in independent practice. Please feel free to email her your practice policy priorities and questions for 2014 at kleinfnp at yahoo.com.
Learn more about Tracy on her Linkedin Page.
Independent ARNPs Where Are You?

AUWS is continuing to work to assemble a comprehensive list of ARNPs practicing in ARNP owned practices. We have a list of approximately 25 practices. If you are in a private practice please send an email to tracy at auws.org and give us information about your practice. Thank you for your help with this project.

NPs Having Difficulty with DME Items

Good-news addendum: page 62 of the HHS FY2015 budget summary would allow non-physicians to certify that a face-to-face encounter has taken place when ordering durable medical equipment. This would be a welcome change.

Modify Documentation Requirement for Face-to-Face Encounters for DMEPOS Claims:

Currently, a physician must document a beneficiary’s face-to-face encounter with a physician or non-physician practitioner as a condition for Medicare payment for an order. This proposal would modify that requirement by allowing certain non-physician practitioners to document the face-to-face encounter. [No budget impact]

For more information or to write to your member of Congress, please go to http://www.rnaction.org/site/PageNavigator/nstat_take_action_dme.html. ANA continues to monitor and advocate on this issue and we will keep you posted on any further developments.
Survey of Registered Nurses for Upcoming Book

A short survey is being conducted to explore the perceptions of registered nurses regarding the current status and anticipated future of the nursing profession. The data will be used in a new book to be published by Sigma Theta Tau International, the nursing honor society: Solutions for the Future of Nursing: Learning from the Past to Address the Challenges of the Future. Please go to: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/futureofnursing for survey to add your perspective.

Job Opportunities

ARNP Positions in Seattle, WA
Gastroenterology & Interventional Pain Management

PMC is a network of 9 outpatient clinics providing primary and specialty care to the greater Seattle area, employing over 160 providers and 600 staff.  The individuals we care for are culturally and clinically diverse, creating a stimulating and rewarding workplace.  Our strong team environment and mission allows us to provide friendly services that focus on the highest quality patient care.  We invite you to join our company!

GI ARNP – Seeking an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner  with three or more years clinical GI practice experience (preferred) to work with our team of four GI providers.  Specific responsibilities include: initial and follow-up consultations, patient and family education, and coordination of treatment with physicians as needed.

Interventional Pain Management – Seeking an experienced Advance Registered Nurse Practitioner to work part-time (approximately four days/week) with our Pain Medicine Anesthesiologists. The ideal candidate will have three or more years’ experience in interventional pain or be willing to be trained. Additional background in psychology, neurology or neurosurgery would be beneficial. The Pain Medicine clinic features state-of-the-art equipment and innovative procedures and is focused on providing interventional pain management for chronic pain patients.

Specific responsibilities include: • Assist physician with outpatient consults • Perform routine outpatient follow-up visits • Coordinate patients sent to the clinic solely for image-guided pain management procedures • Provide patient and family education • Perform basic office procedures such as joint and trigger point injections • Program spinal cord stimulation systems • Participate in call schedule.  NOTE: This clinic rarely performs inpatient pain consults or procedures. Medication refills are a very small part of the practice volume.

Both positions will be based at our First Hill Clinic with some travel required.  The successful candidates will have a proven track record of growth, learning, and self-development. Requirements include Washington  ARNP license, and DEA certificate.

Seattle presents breathtaking scenery, performing arts, exquisite dining, world-class shopping, quality schools and unique attractions. Take advantage of outdoor recreation over four seasons with no state income tax, and you have something to please everyone in your family. PMC’s competitive salary and benefits package will support and enhance a lifelong career.

For more information, please contact: Deborah Atkins, Medical Staff Recruiter; Toll Free:  888.901.1122; Email: DeborahA at pacmed.org
ARNP – All shifts

Can you remember when everything seemed new? It can again.

There's something new waiting for you at Fairfax Behavioral Health. Plans are underway for the expansion of our hospital in Kirkland and our brand new Everett location. So it's no coincidence that we are also pursuing the area's finest behavioral health professionals to become an integral part of our team.

The addition of nearly 100 beds between our two highly desirable locations means that we will be adding over 100 new positions. One of them could be awaiting you. So apply today and start building your new future.

Multiple opportunities for ARNPs are available:
•  The ARNP Intake Clinician is responsible for screening referrals and authorizing admissions for inpatient and partial hospitalization services. They provide information regarding other community services as needed, and are in integral member of the medical staff.
•  Clinical ARNP positions both at Kirkland and Everett perform patient admission evaluations and work-ups; patient rounding opportunities.
•  ARNP FNP contracted positions for the medical screening and medical management of our patient population at both Kirkland and Everett sites.

What You Need to Succeed:
•  Minimum of one year experience in medical or mental health setting is preferred
•  Nurse Practitioner or PA from an accredited program
•  Psychiatry credential preferred for Intake and Clinical ARNPs
•  Washington State ARNP or PA licensure with CPR and Handle with Care certifications obtained at the facility.
•  Contracted ARNP positions requires FNP with 5 plus years experience preferred

Generous Benefits Portfolio:
Fairfax Behavioral Health offers an excellent time off plan, medical, dental, vision, employee assistance program, life and long term disability benefits and 401(k) plan for full time and part time employees. Company sponsored fitness membership discount, $3.00 meal tickets, and no parking fees are among some of the additional benefits also available to our employees.

Take the next step in becoming a part of our growing team. Apply online at: www.FairfaxBehavioralHealth.com. Click on Careers in the upper right corner.

Not ready yet to apply? We can keep you in the loop at
https://successcom.wufoo.com/forms/not-ready-yet/
EOE, m/f/d/v
Opening for an ARNP

Busy family practice in Bellevue seeks experienced ARNP.
Salary DOE.    Benefits negotiable.     Great patients!
Choice location near Overlake Hospital.
Email resumes to medicalartsps at msn.com
CE Opportunities
Reproductive-Related Mood Disorders
An Update for the Clinician at the 2014 WSPA Annual Meeting on Saturday, April 5, 2014. Swedish Medical Center - Cherry Hill Campus 7:00am - 1:30pm.
More information is available at https://wspa.memberclicks.net/index.php?option=com_mc&view=mc&mcid=72&eventId=411900&orgId=auws
Pricing:
   WSPA Members: $100.00
   Non-Members: $125.00
   Nurses/Non-Physicians: $75.00
Advanced Practice Education Services invites you to:

NP/PA Joint & Trigger Point Injection Course - April 5, 2014
Courtyard Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square
612 2nd Avenue, Seattle, WA, 98104-2204
(206) 625-1111

Hands On Instruction & Practice for 12 different approaches. 8.5 CE/CMEs approved for NPs and PAs. Only 30 attendees per course- Register Early! See www.injectioncourses.com for all details.
Service Ads
Interested in Mentoring the Next Generation of ARNPs?

Pacific Lutheran University in Tacoma, WA is looking for preceptors in the south Puget Sound area for the Family Nurse Practitioner program. Your commitment requires a minimum of 1 day a week for a semester. We need preceptors Fall (Sep to Dec), Spring (Feb to May) and Summer (May to August) semesters. If interested, please contact Dr. Lorena Guerrero at guerrelc at plu.edu or call (253) 535-7374.

Meetings
Puget Sound Nurse Practitioners Association

Join us! Puget Sound Nurse Practitioners Association is a non-profit
organization supporting ARNPs in Puget Sound since 1998. We meet
every other month and offer a social hour/networking and a speaker presentation.

Annual dues are $60/$20 for students. $20 per meeting for guests. Apply for membership and find meeting information at http://PSNPA.org

West Sound Advanced Practice Association

Meets the second Thursday of the month. Meetings include networking/dinner/educational session. E-mail Fionafnp at centurytel.net for more information.

Photo of Month

*
Blue Walking Iris
photo by Bob Smithing
Ad & Publication Information
ARNP Care Ad Information

Copy deadline is the second Tuesday of the month prior to publication. Ads may be accepted later than this on a space-available basis. Position Available and Continuing Education Ads of less than 66 words are $45, of 66 to 130 words are $75, 131-180 words are $105, and greater than 181 words are $175. Position Available Ads are priced per insertion. Continuing Education Announcements are per offering for up to three (3) consecutive insertions. New Product Announcements per product for one insertion of 130 words or less are $75, more than 130 words are $175. Ad Inserts are $750 for one issue. All ads are subject to space limitations and editing. Call for detailed rate information. Mail copy to ARNP Care, 10024 SE 240th St, #230, Kent, WA 98031. Phone 253.852.9042. Fax 253.852.7725. Email care at nurse.net.
ARNP Care Editorial Board

Editors:
   Robert T. Smithing, MSN, ARNP, FAANP
   Madeline D. Wiley, MSN, ARNP, FAANP
Contributing Editors:
   Nancy Lawton, MN, ARNP (President)
   Louise Kaplan, PhD, ARNP, FAANP (Legislative Chair)
Production Staff:
   Tracy Kiele, Managing Editor
   Sarah Abid, Production Staff
   NP Central, Publisher