[AU-Mbr] Join us for Nurse Legislative Day Feb 8, 2010 in Olympia WA

Bob Smithing, NP rts at familycareofkent.com
Sat Jan 23 13:26:44 PST 2010

Nurse Legislative Day in Olympia, WA will be on February 8, 2010.  ARNPs United of Washington State (AUWS) encourages you to attend and be part of this exciting event.  This year AUWS will sponsor a lunch meeting at the Governor House hotel one block from the event.  The meeting will be an opportunity to learn about bills of significance to ARNPs, tips to promote talking to legislators, more about AUWS, and time for networking.  Box lunches will be provided at the meeting as part of your registration. Please register for the event using the attached form.  More information can be obtained by going to the Washington State Nurses Association's web site: http://wsna.org/Nurse-Legislative-Day/.

One of the most important parts of attending Nurse Legislative Day is meeting with your legislator.  Visit www.capwiz.com/wanurses/ to find out your legislative district and representatives or call the Legislative hotline at 1-800-562-6000. You are strongly urged to call your legislators in advance to make an appointment to guarantee availability.  They have many meetings to attend and may not be able to meet with you if you do not make an appointment.  You may be able to meet with your legislator's aide if the legislator is not available.  This is also a valuable experience.

Please RSVP to me if you plan to attend our meeting so I can assure we have enough lunches available.  I am also happy to answer any questions you may have.

Louise Kaplan
2211 Walnut Rd NW
Olympia, WA 98502
360-956-1164