[ARNPCare] Insulting Skyla Ad requiring protest

ARNP Care Monthly NewsLetter arnpcare at nurse.net
Tue Apr 7 23:10:18 PDT 2015

Hi All,

So, I was watching some TV and up pops a Skyla ad. Well I do a fair number of IUD insertions and was looking forward to a well done informational ad. NOT, it was an ad that sent people to see there OB/GYNs, not NPs, not family practice, not anyone but OB/GYN, which was mentioned either by the actress or on the screen 5 times. Please review the ad and if you find it as offensive and anti-primary care as I do if so please let Bayer know. You can vote to “Boo” the ad on the website with the link.

The message for Bayer: That commercial needs to be pulled immediately and replaced with one that highlights all the different providers that can insert Skylas.

Please pass this message on.

Here is the URL to the ad if you have not seen it: http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7i3Z/skyla-plans <http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7i3Z/skyla-plans>

Thank you for your time.

Bob
--
Bob Smithing, NP, FAANP
Affiliate Instructor, University of Washington, School of Nursing
rts at familycareofkent.com